Sunday, May 3, 2009

Social Media: Twitter

I've been thinking a lot lately about social media. Questions like "What role should twitter play in my day to day life?" and "What is appropriate to blog about?" and "What information should I share on my Facebook profile?" just beg to be answered (if you're me). So I thought I'd give it a shot. Lets start with...

Twitter
Lets start small. Like 140 characters small. At first, I had no idea how to use Twitter.



But after a while, you start to understand that Twitter is so much more than a status update. It's a conversation. Or it's a place to ask questions. Or it's a place to keep current on a cool movie. I hear the search is really useful.

I like to use it for those thoughts that are too short to blog about. And as a giant chat room. You can follow me if you want.

Of course Twitter has it's drawbacks, but I'll save all the social media negatives for one post. That way you will only see the bad stuff once, and it'll seem less important. Kind of like how a kid would choose 10 pennies over 4 quarters. So I'm manipulating you, like I would a child.

Next I'll do blogging. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. 4 AM?!?! You are an early bird! :) Just wanted to thank you for the comment -- I've been meaning to reply sooner, but last week and this week are finals, etc., so it's been a little crazy. I agree; the song is a bittersweet one...it conveys what you hope for, at some point, while contrasting it with the reality of today. I find a paradox in it that is strangely comforting, but I don't know how to explain it! I know that might sound weird...

    How are you? I know this was ages ago(!), but how was your trip? Hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete