Monday, November 17, 2008

Chinese

I'm taking a community learning class for Chinese. I love this language so much. I get excited when I hear someone speaking it in the grocery store or at work. I get even more excited when I understand some words (even when it's only "I" or "you")!

I went to a Chinese-American afternoon at BBC this weekend where they talked about the meaning of Thanksgiving (in English) and someone else gave their testimony (in Chinese). I didn't understand the testimony, but it was so fun to be able to get the gist of what he was saying.

Some folks at my work are going to start up a Chinese lunch group, so we can get together over lunch and speak in Chinese!! I am definitely going to participate. I also am going to start learning the language using Rosetta Stone, which is a program that is used to help people learn languages.

As far as what I'm going to do with this knowledge...

The Lord knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment