Sunday, December 7, 2008

Correction

Flattery doesn't help, we should be correcting each other. We should be ready and willing to confront others in a loving and prayerful manner.

Please be correcting me. Rebuke me for sin, approach me when I do something that bothers you, please tell me! And please do it in a loving, prayerful, Christ-centered manner. Exhortation must be done in a spirit of humility and self examination, not with a holier-than-thou attitude. Examine your heart to see if you are in line with the Scriptures command to "exhort one another every day, as long as it is called 'today,' that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin." Meditate on Hebrews 3:13.

Please be gracious to me with one time offenses, but love me enough to point out constant sin or trouble spots in my life. It will be hard. It will hurt.

But say the hard thing, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment