Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Good Books And Roommates

Yesterday Taylor and I were perusing the Christianity section of Barnes & Noble and I happened across two books that made me so happy to see. One was called "How On Earth Did Jesus Become A God" and the other was the complete unabridged works of Josephus. So I bought the Josephus one and started reading. I am amazed at how much I enjoy history. This is as dry as a history book. Maybe it's because I'm hoping my questions will be answered or that I will find more evidence to have confidence in the Bible from a historical perspective. I'm really excited about the other one (that I didn't buy) because that specifically addresses a point that I came across when I was looking into what the early church thought and believed about Jesus. I'm not sure what's true, but I'm trying to figure it out.

I am really glad to be living with Taylor this year. I'm also desperately glad that Jeromie and I are starting to connect again, because I know that during Freshman year I intentionally distanced myself from him and it's been kind of awkward ever since. I think that living in the same house and seeing each other more often has and will help that a lot. I love being around for those spur of the moment things like going to Buffalo Wild Wings last night. It was a lot of fun and I would have missed it had I not lived in 1018. Beautiful. Anyways, I always manage to write stuff like this at work, so I should probably get back to that. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment